Sunday, October 5, 2008

In the brightest day, in the blackest night, no HTML shall escape my sight...

The weekend is coming to a close, and as I sit here behind the computer screen, several things come to mind..

1. What did I accomplish this weekend? Did I learn anything throughout the week?

2. What are my plans for the coming week?

3. How come there's still so much laundry??? I felt like I did that all weekend....

4. Why so sad that the weekend is over? It should be ended with a positive note... Surely the coming week can't be that bad...

So here I go.

What did I accomplish? HTML! Behold the new and improved blog by Jen! If anybody was here just a couple of days ago, you can see that I drastically spiced up the look of things. The title image still needs some work but it'll do for now. Shameless plugs go out to HTML Goodies and HTML Dog for their awesome services that have continued to help me build on my html knowledge for the low low price of FREE.

No no... in actuality, I accomplished something quite big. I began real work on building up my photo studio. My first backdrop arrived in the mail, and inspiration just filled the entire weekend up once I held it in my hands. Ideas ran wild, the creativity just came to me like it never has before, and I was able to visualize alot more than just the one big project that I've got lined up at the beginning of next year, and the smaller ones waiting for me near the end of this year.

I'd like to share something that I heard in church today and looked up for myself... The Great Stone Face, by Nathaniel Hawthorne. Visualization is a powerful thing. :)

It is, actually, the lesson for the week, I'll say. It seems lately that I just haven't really tapped into how important visualization is for daily and long term goals... Its always been a very important tool to me, and I've tried to teach to others. Best example I can give is buying a car. The person who says, I'm buying a car, will have a harder time finding it than the person who says, I'm buying a current year model of a Mitsubishi Lancer, blue, with sunroof, leather interior, tinted windows, cd/mp3 player, bucket seats, and a keyless entry keychain.

When you know the specifics, and have that picture of what it is you want for yourself, the stepping stones and walls that were in the way of getting it become alot easier to climb. Nothing is impossible, so long as we visualize that we have the ability to do it. Very glad to be reminded of it again. :)

Plans for the coming week are Packing! Pack pack pack pack pack! A box a day, and a load of laundry a day, so it doesnt scare me when the weekend comes up again. Moving so close to the holidays is a bummer, but at least its *before* the holidays and not *during*

And to end the week with a positive note...

This week went great, actually. I know I did a lot of worrying about what each day would bring, but to sit here at the end of the week and look back, it went alright... This coming week will go better if I don't stress about what is to come. One day at a time.

Anyway, its fortune time. If you didn't read the first post, fortunes come to you courtesy of my various taipei and mahjongg games.

SEEING IN THE DARK ISN'T DONE WITH ONE'S EYES.

No comments: