Thursday, November 27, 2008

happy thanksgiving from your friendly neighborhood hospital

you know its going to be a strange thanksgiving when you spend the early hours of it in the emergency room.

thankyou god -- no broken bones, no cracks, just major major swelling. a full recovery is expected, and i will be back to playing guitar and typing with two hands in no time. no black friday for me though... so close!!!!! oh well, i have other things thar could have been worse. almost lost my finger if i hadnt been wearing my ring. :)

and because the injury [crushed hand] involved metal, i got to have this conversation at 1am ----

doc: when was your last tetnis shot?
me: i dont know?
doc: today, thats when
me: really? i dont think i remember that
doc: [holding rather large needle] i know, but i remember so its ok. [giant excited looking yet scary smile]

so i have one good hand, and i feel like i got hit with a baseball bat on my arm. ugh...

but im ok, as long as i keep it elevated and apply ice. :)

anyway, happy thanksgiving to all. stay out of the emergency room today. its packed, they will take a long time to get to you, and they dont have turkey in the vending machine.

fortune: As we live, so we learn

1 comment:

OnnieBGood said...

but you didnt tell me what happened! i am dying with suspense!