Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year Stuff

The New Year was brought in over omelets and coffee at a 24 hour diner hidden in a remote yet semi-accessible corner of the world. The staff was counting down the seconds, and I actually was in mid-sentence talking about economics while still trying to swallow my mushroom stuffed egg when the actual 'bell dropped'.

Gotta say.... it didn't feel much different than when I was chewing it 5 seconds before.

Then I got a phone call.... and I went as fast as I could to get home and grab my camera equipment, and then I drove 5 hours to go see a dear friend off to California. Had to grab the equipment to take a family portrait of her family, and so I can get the once-a-year picture with her that I've been lucky to get sometimes more than once a year, since I hardly see her, what with her joining the marines and all.

Then I drove 5 hours back home to be "two of five" people that had to work Friday. ;)

We're only on day three of the new year, but in these three days I feel like I've just been going 100 miles an hour.

That's a good thing, I think....

So to start the weekend off.... last night I ran into someone that gave me a key to a door that goes to a certain time frame in my past. It got locked long ago, and I've always wondered what happened to those who exist behind it.

Today I'm going to use the key.

How's the new year going for everyone else?

Sorry about the Christmas background still being up. I'm actually looking at it this way: My Christmas tree is still up. I'm sure most of the world's trees are still up. So I'm going to try and motivate myself and leave the christmas background here. Now maybe when I log in and say, "oh no! i still have this christmas background when christmas is over and done with," then perhaps I'll also say, Hey the Christmas tree is still up too.... I should take it down.

Fortune time:

GOOD NEWS WILL COME TO YOU BY E-MAIL.

No comments: