Monday, March 23, 2009

D.A.R.E.

No post in a while......

I've been trying not to post until I get over my recent run in with stress, but I think perhaps writing about it will instead be a better method of combating the emotions.

So be warned... Here comes the anger....

Time stops when you take drugs.

I've never taken them myself. But I am unfortunately related to distant people who would rather be living in their parents basement, high and unsociable, than sober/clean and successful.

Perhaps this is a fortunate thing that I am related to such people.... for I have a constant shadow following me, reminding me to keep on the narrow straight pathway.

I don't think I'm a judgmental person in general... but I am extremely prejudiced against people who do drugs. It is an awful trait to have.... but I cannot see any other angle of the argument. Drugs kill people, and I refuse to see it any other way. I don't care if its a 90 year old dude who's smoking marijuana for 'its health benefits' or not.

I try very hard to not have any deadweight like anger inside. But it was absolutely infuriating when people I have seen in recent years ask me the same questions they asked me when they weren't taking the drugs.

Time stopped for them... and all they remember is their last few moments and the surroundings that no longer exist for them before they became high 24-7.

I was very ill for a long period of time, and my family was kept posted about my condition on a regular basis.

I've been well now for, thankyou God, almost 5 years.

The high people, however, still think I'm not well..... and for the past 5 years, they give me the same shocked "OMG" look as I retell the story of how I recovered. The same story I've told them over... and over... and over again.

They may not be physically dead, but their time has stopped. And when you stop moving... you no longer have a purpose...

And you die.

I don't know why I keep running into these people that I try so hard to stay away from.

Maybe its because I need to be reminded why I should fight to never become them.

Maybe its because I need to keep telling them the same thing over and over again...

Or maybe its because it was going to make me angry enough to rant about it here, so that someone out there living this kind of deteriorating wasteful life can see that no matter how much fun you think you're having, others like me have already written you out of their lives and labeled you as living 6 feet under.

Quit the junk. Start moving forward again. Its not impossible to change. It *is* impossible, however, to expect others to change your life for you. That change has to come from within.

So do it already.

1 comment:

Ondrea said...

define "drugs"...as in caffeine or...:)

Ondrea