Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Clock is fighting with me again...

I think Lauren is right.... no tea for me after 4pm. I had some right at 4 I think.... and ta-dah, the clock won't shut up.

But I don't think its just the tea. The week has been icky all around, I tell ya. Stress filled weekend, stupid Office-Space type work scenario at the job, crazy landlord breathing down my neck at home, negotiations at trying to get a place to live, and overall the week so far has been full of life related BLAH.

And in the midst of it all, Grandpa's clock has stopped ticking, and it is no longer possible to fight. It is unclear whether or not we would have won anyway... and the sun would still rise and fall the same way it has been for the past two years since that day...

Rising and falling... without him.

Things are too overloaded right now to focus on that. Tomorrow I get to focus on the art of saying NO.

I like to think I'm a team player. If a fellow coworker needs my help, I'm all for helping if I can make it fit into my schedule.

But not this week. Picked the wrong week to delegate your workload onto someone else. Tomorrow, if it happens again [should I even ask that -- of course its going to happen], I shall play the 'I don't speak english card.'

Wakaranai

Yo No Se

Ich weiss nicht

Okay not really, I'll say NO. But that would have been funny...

So what is the polite way to say 'I'm not your personal secretary, and I refuse to take orders from you.'

Suggestions?

I don't think I have a fortune that covers this one...

WHEN IN DOUBT... GO TO SLEEP

No comments: