Monday, January 26, 2009

Another Diet Related Post

I think the reason I succeeded so well with the hourly 'snacking myself thin' thing was because of the internet.

I told total strangers that I was going to do something, and I was going to report back and follow through with results and findings. So it got to be exciting that first day to go experiment and be sure to run back up to my apartment to tell everyone how the snacking and gym went.

Because, as silly as it sounds, I wasn't just diving into yet another weight loss plan - I was showing other people how to do it.

Not that I'm trying to be motivational or anything. I'm moreso picturing myself as guinea pig. The mikey that's eating the strange new food for the first time that everyone wants to try, but wants to see someone else try first... Ya know, to make sure its for real.

Anyhow, I used to get up at 430am everyday and go for a 2 mile run. Sometimes, I'd even come back from the run and hop on a bike and go that same two miles.

Then I'd shower up, have some breakfast, and be on my merry way to work. Then I'd come home and do another two mile run.

What's the point?

The pressures of the internet!!

I dont think I can quite muster up 430am again, but I think 5am is doable.

Okay maybe not... 520. Yes, 520am is doable.

You see, if I tell you fellow people of the internet that I'm going to get up at 520am to go exercise, then that same guinea pig attitude I had with the snacking-myself-thin diet will force me out of bed when no one else is awake, and I'll *have* to get up and do it.

After all, there's one lone person somewhere out there reading who I can't let down, right?

Or at least that's what I'm going to tell myself tomorrow at 520am.

Goodnight everybody! See you at 520am from the twitter.

Fortune time!

NOW IS THE TIME TO TRY SOMETHING NEW.

No comments: