Thursday, January 22, 2009

Diet = FAIL!

So... it worked. Very well.

However....

I felt like I was in high school sleeping 4 hours a night and having energy to study for finals, participate in after school activities for 3 hours a day, then going to hang out with friends every waking hour on the weekends, and not even touch a sip of coffee or energy drinks.

No drugs or any kind of substance, actually. :)

Anyhow, back to reality - I thought that maybe the high energy/through the roof metabolism was the working out. So I cut back... but that didn't seem to do the trick, so for two days I didn't even work out.

So when that didn't work, I thought, maybe the 'healthy subway' is a little too healthy. So I cheated and ate bad food.

But the weight kept falling off. And the energy was still there.

Pretty soon, it was getting to be midnight, 1am, 2am, and I had only slept 4 hours the previous day but just *couldn't* sleep! I tried to go exhaust myself and work out at ridiculous paces but still couldn't sleep.

Here's the strange thing - I wasn't falling over at work or dozing off at the wheel. But I wasn't getting enough sleep, and I even felt too awake to want my cup of tea.

Last night when it was past midnight, I finally said enough is enough.

So the diet was a success, definitely. I reported on the twitter that I lost 4 and a half pounds. Weighing myself today, the actual total is 6.

But I'm going to quit the hourly eating. I felt like I jumped backwards into the time in my life when I suffered from severe insomnia. I like the energy, but I don't like not sleeping.

Call me old fashioned, but I like to pick and choose when I do and don't sleep.

I'm still going to do the gym.

The next dietary experiment is this cactus smoothie thing that the bodybuilder wants me to try. I'm apparently the guinea pig of diets for him. That's not exactly a compliment... but its not an insult either, right?

Fortune time:

UNUSUAL OFFER WILL ENHANCE YOUR FUTURE

No comments: