Saturday, January 17, 2009

Remember my weight-loss plan?

Yeah neither do I, since was out the window so fast.

Anyhow, here's to picking up the pieces and continuing where I left off.

An experiment, if you will.

I heard this guy on the radio this week trying to sell this book, and his stuff made sense... I know someone who was a former bodybuilder and was under several eating/dieting regimens that swears by this method of 'dieting', and if you watch The Biggest Loser, Bob and Jillian are constantly telling the contestants the same thing.

So anyhow, here's the basics:

Bob & Jillian on The Biggest Loser, right from the very start, tell the contestants they're going to eat 5 meals a day. The three basic meals, and then snacks in between. Don't be afraid to eat a snack - eating all day boosts your metabolism, and it helps you lose weight.

Which is what the bodybuilder swears by.

And then, I think it was Thursday on the radio, Dr. Warburg says that the problem with losing weight and going on a diet is that once you lose the weight, diet is over, you go back to normal, and then you gain it all back. You eat a diet meal, then you're just staring at the clock counting the time until you can eat again because you're still hungry.

And then you cheat.

So diets don't work.

He says dieting and starving yourself is bad because your body stores on more fat because it goes into 'starvation mode' and tells your brain you're not eating. The answer?

Eat all day.

The 'healthy' calorie intake a day is 1500 calories, he says. So eat that all day. Break down 1500 calories into snacks you can eat all day every hour. Eat snacks every single hour of the day from when you get up all the way til an hour before you go to bed. This eliminates your big meals because you're snacking every hour, and it will take a day or two for your body to adjust, but you'll find that when this is combined with a workout, the weight will drop faster because your metabolism is running high since you're eating a lot more.

But that's the trick - you're not really eating more, you're just eating the same amount of food you used to eat with your three meals a day, only you're just eating it one hour at a time. And it doesn't have to be completely balanced. One hour you can eat 200 or 300 calories, while another hour you eat 100.

As far as junkfood/cheating goes, he says he fits in a piece of chocolate here and there [I think he said 2-3 times a week but I don't know for sure], and a couple of seasons ago on Biggest Loser, Bob & Jillian said all the contestants are given a 'cheat day', so I'm all for the cheating once in a while, hahaha.

Anyway... the experiment is that I'm going to attempt this in combination with working out, and I shall report it all here!

This time its going to stick.

Also, this weekend I'm going to attempt to log my hourly snacking over on my twitter. Figured I should use it for something cool, right?

So today I'm packing a sandwich and almonds as I venture out to go get an oil change. I think that will take maybe an hour so I'm going to go prepared just in case.

But first, I'm off to go eat the first 'snack' of the day.

And now its taipei fortune time!

MEET A CHALLENGE WITH CALM ASSURANCE

No comments: