Wednesday, February 4, 2009

To Someone I Used To Know...

I'm sorry.

You were right.

You were always right.

I should have listened to you... but I didn't. I was horribly wrong. I was blinded when you tried to show me what was right, but I didn't listen... and I suffer for it daily.

Words are simply words, and actions speak the loudest. The great pain that I live with everyday as a result of mine is something I deserve, and when push comes to shove, 'sorry' is meaningless.

But... it is all I have to give.

I'm not asking for forgiveness, nor do I expect or want anything that I know I cannot have.

I just wanted to say I'm sorry.

I've encountered so many things in my life this far, and try my hardest to ensure that I never use the word "regret" with anything I do.

What happened between us though... that is the one thing that I truly and deeply regret. No amount of apologies can fix it, and what's done is done. I've thought of you so much... but time has passed, our lives had carried on, and its too late.

If you're out there still.... I owe you an apology. I owe you so much more... I hate myself for taking away the time we could have shared. Every mistake that I've made does not measure up to the regret that I feel when I remember what we were... and wonder what our friendship could have still been today.

I hope that you've been well.

I miss you.

And I'm sorry.

1 comment:

OnnieBGood said...

aww Jen that's so sad...you wouldnt make a good attorney though. attorneys never apologize for anything (and mean it)

:)